Re: More graphics questions

At 10:56 2000-06-02 -0400, Mark Komarinski wrote:
>JPG does suffer from quality problems, but you can increase the quality.
>GIF is right out.  Do most major browsers support PNG now?

Yes, as an element of an HTML document. Some versions of IE4 cannot display
a PNG image by itself. It calls whatever helper app is configuerd to handle
PNG on that machine. But as an element of an HTML page, it works fine. Some
of the finer features like transparency make not have full support though.

I really don't think it will be a problem for Linux/UNIX users with
Netscape 4.6+ or any of the more recent developmental browsers. Windows and
Mac users who are reading LDP documents will probably be using a recent
enough browser that PNG will be supported. There may be audiences that are
using a browser that doesn't support PNG, but I can't think of any offhand.

 Tony
 --
 Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com>
 PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D