Re: More graphics questions

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Poet/Joshua Drake wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Mark Komarinski wrote:
>
> <CITE>I've spent the afternoon trying to make TeX/DVI/PDF output from
> <CITE>my HOWTO-HOWTO only to find I should be using .eps files instead
> <CITE>of .jpg for TeX/DVI/PDF output.  Which leads me to the question:
> [...rest deleted...]

On a related note, is there an example document in docbook format in the
LDP repository that has screenshots or any other graphic figure in .eps or
.jpg format? In preparing my guide, I'm using the comand-line DocBook
tools from http://sourceware.cygnus.com/docbook-tools and I can't get
them to produce a .pdf file from my docbook sources that include a .eps
file in the following manner:

<FIGURE ID="screen01-fig" FLOAT="1">
<TITLE>This is what the screen looks like</TITLE>
<GRAPHIC FILEREF="images/screen01"  SCALE="60"></GRAPHIC>
</FIGURE>

...when I attempt to produce a .pdf file from with "db2pdf foo.sgml" I get
the following:

 LaTeX Error: Unknown graphics extension: .eps.

..even though there is a file called screen01.eps in the "images"
subdirectory. No image shows up in the resulting .pdf file. What gives?
Can someone point me at an existing DocBook project that has graphics in
it (as well as the graphic files) that compiles to a .pdf successfully? Or
do the jadetex-based .pdf file generation tools from cygnus just not work
with images in the .sgml file?

Thanks in advance.

Bill