Re: Yet another question

    >> 1) Is there any way to force section 1 to be on a separate page
    >> from the table of contents? That combination makes the first
    >> page huge for me.

    Gregory> Yes, there is.  Unfortunately, I don't know what it is,
    Gregory> and I hate the look of DSSSL so I haven't dug into it
    Gregory> very much.  Perhaps Jorge Godoy or Greg Ferguson can tell
    Gregory> you how to do that.  I'd prefer it to be that way as well
    Gregory> as it makes for a nicer document.

Ok...

So, Greg, could you please add this to our stylesheet:

(define (chunk-skip-first-element-list)
  '())

I've had seen the "recipe" several times on DocBook lists but I
couldn't find. This is the answer I got for my question sent after
reading this post.

Sorry for the delay on answering all of you.

    >> 2) What is the canonical way to include your email in the
    >> information at the top of the index page? I've tried a few
    >> variations on <AuthorBlurb> and <Affiliation> with no
    >> success. Since that is what several LDP authors use (at least
    >> in the versions available on the web site), it looks like the
    >> LDP does not yet use DocBook to actually generate their
    >> documents (at least, they don't use DocBook in any way that
    >> I've made sense of.) So- any better suggestions?

I use:

<author>
  <firstname>Jorge</firstname>
  <surname>Godoy</surname>
  <affiliation>
    <orgname>Conectiva Inc.</orgname>
    <orgdiv>Publishing Department</orgdiv>
  </affiliation>
</author>

Be seeing you,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.