Re: Cyrillic HOWTO: raised from the dead (unmaintained)

David Lawyer <dave@lafn.org> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 10:52:23PM -0500, Alexander L. Belikoff wrote:
> >
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I'm resuming my work on the Cyrillic HOWTO. As of now, my priority #1
> > would be converting it to DocBook. Since I am definitely not up to
> > date w/ the current state of things in the LDP (as well as not
> > familiar w/ DocBook), I'll appreciate all kinds of tips/pointers
> > related to the process (especially conversion tools). Since the two
> > DTDs are so different manual conversion would take some time...
>
> If you look at the LDP site you'll find it's already machine-converted
> to DocBook.

I am not sure I can find it... The only one I found is in

        http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/unmaintained/sgml/

..and it is a LinuxDoc source.

> But I'm an advocate of keeping HOWTOs in LinuxDoc and suggest
> spending most of your time on improving the content of the HOWTO.

Could you please elaborate on that? In particular, what if I have two
copies: LinuxDoc based and DocBook based? Which one should I keep
maintaining? I assumed LDP is going DocBook...

> An important terminal I/O mapping program (mapchan) has been released
> last year in the Ukraine and right now I'm trying to translate a
> little of the documentation to English.  Further discussion on this
> should be off this this list (between you and me).

OK.

--
Alexander L. Belikoff                      GPG f/pr: 0D58 A804 1AB1 4CD8 8DA9
Bloomberg L.P.                                       424B A86E CD0D 8424 2701