Re: Documents Under Development

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 03:02:54PM -0800, David Lawyer wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 01:26:26PM -0500, David Merrill wrote:
> > We have documents listed on the DUD page
> > http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/inprogress.html that go back to
> > August.
> Good idea.
> > I would like to contact on the first of each month the authors
> > listed on that page who have been there for more than a month, to
> > see if they are still working on the document and how it is coming
> > along.
>
> I would suggest every few months for long HOWTOs and every month for
> short (or mini ??) HOWTOs.  A long HOWTO may require a lot of research
> that may take months.

I'm planning on once a month, but I won't contact them at *all* until
at 3 months. And of course if somebody writes me and says it will be a
couple of months, I won't bother them for that long.

Don't worry, I'm not gonna become the HOWTO Nazi. ;-)

Linux Documentation Project                dmerrill@lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

panic("sun_82072_fd_inb: How did I get here?");
        2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/include/asm-sparc/floppy.h