Re: Feedback

From: "David Lawyer" <dave@lafn.org>
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 11:30:16AM -0500, David Merrill wrote:
> > From: "Greg Ferguson" <gferg@hoop.timonium.sgi.com>
> > > A good project, if someone wishes to take this on, would be to
create
> > > and maintain an up-to-date "contact" list for documentation.
> > >
> > > This would include:
> > >
> > > - Finding updated email addresses for all HOWTO authors. As
> > >   we have seen, inquiries have come in as to how to contact
> > >   HOWTO authors; as (some of) the published email addresses
> > >   are no longer valid.
>
> Someone should contact our former HOWTO coordinator Tim Bynum.  He
> kept a list of the mail addresses and perhaps telephone numbers of the
> HOWTO authors.  But I never was contacted in that way so this info
> wasn't used much.  It might be a good way to track down authors that
> are no longer at their old email address (They might even have no
> email address at all).

IMHO the long term solution here is the ability to extract them directly
from the HOWTOs' SGML source. I'm trying to learn perl to do this stuff
right now, but am struggling. I'll get there, but I hope you don't all
lose patience with me. :)

I'd be happy to see a real perl programmer do some of this to get it done
more quickly, but I also need to learn it sometime anyway.

--
David C. Merrill, Ph.D.
Linux Documentation Project