Re: [Fwd: Re: Laptop Guide]

On Nov 3, 10:56am, David Merrill wrote:
> Subject: [Fwd: Re: Laptop Guide]
> I'm forwarding this to the list because I'm concerned that we may
> have a problem with documents getting lost when they are submitted.
>
> Does anybody know what's going on?

Send to 'ldp-submit@lists.linuxdoc.org' -- all other aliases or
email addresses should be considered *invalid*.

If the document is not published in 48 hours, they should contact
myself, or the list, or send an inquiry to ldp-submit. I've been
trying to ensure docs get published within 24 hours (usually it's
less than that).

I ran into this problem yesterday with the author that maintains
a particular HOWTO. He was sending to a former coordinator's old
email address and not to ldp-submit. We corrected that and a new
version was published yesterday.

As for Werner's comment about "I have complained to the LDP
maintainers, to the LDP mailing list..", I honestly don't recall
any traffic regarding this situation; otherwise the problem would
have been addressed.

r,

Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg at sgi.com
SGI Tech Pubs     - http://techpubs.sgi.com/ |