Re: Manifesto

    DL> to these formats (and more).  For HOWTOs, authors use either of the
    DL> SGML languages: LinuxDoc or DocBook (versions since 4.1.2).  The XML
    DL> markup language also supports DocBook (we support versions since 3.1).
    DL> Documents in LinuxDoc or DocBook are called "source" documents.

You've switched XML and SGML version numbers. :-)

    DL> You may see what SGML source formats look like by downloading a HOWTO

If we mentioned XML above, we should say "what SGML and XML
source"... "(in either SGML or XML)"...

    DL> (in SGML) from an LDP site.  We may accept a HOWTO in just plain text
    DL> (or some other format) if we can find someone to manually convert it
    DL> to SGML.

convert it to SGML (or XML).

    DL> Besides being able to convert to various formats, SGML allows one to

And XML.

    DL> label parts of a document to aid in searching and administration.  We
    DL> recommend transparent source:  plain text (easily editable) with an
    DL> open format.  The SGML we use provides this.

David, sorry for being so boring, but I have a better
suggestion. After mentioning the versions (if you don't think it's
worth doing it here because we may do it at a proper place) I think
it's worth putting a note like this: "from now on, where you read
SGML, please read SGML and/or XML". It will make things easier.

Thank you very much for accepting my suggestions.
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.