Re: New Author

Imran Mughal wrote:

> Hello.  I'm interested in authoring documents for the LDP and I thought a
> good starting point might be to pick up an unmaintained document.  Just
> wondering if there is a list of available documents?
>
> regards; Imran.

Oh yeah, there is!

Look at http://www.linuxdoc.org on the main page you will see a box
labelled, "Author/Contribute". The links in that box contain lots of
information to help you get started as an LDP volunteer.

http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/unmaint.html contains a list of
unmaintained documents.

http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/markup.html contains a list of documents
needing DocBook markup.

I am currently organizing an effort to improve the overall management of
our documents, and I am looking for volunteers to do all kinds of
measurements and analysis of the documents. Of course, I would love to
have your help with this project.

So jump in and help out wherever you see a need. We're glad to have you.

Regards,

--
David C. Merrill, Ph.D.
Linux Documentation Project