Re: Documentation Metrics

David and company,
why not take a look at the OMF (open source document metadata
framework) that we developed this summer? it uses dublin core (and
RDF) compliant fields, allows for user creation of metadata (or by experts
such as your self ;->), searching and separation of the metadata from the
documents (as in a card catalog and a book, say). we've just been meeting
with eric miller of the RDF project (and late of Dublin Core) and it looks
like we can have interoperability with Rufus, the RMP RDF-based search
engine as well.
at the open source documentation summit in monterey this summer, folks
from several open source doc projects gave us their approval and the
docbook guy, oops i forget his name just now, is talking about integrating
the metadata in to docbook (from which it could be extracted if desired).

for more see http://www.ibiblio.org/osrt/omf/