Graphics for HOWTOs

Hi everyone,

If I were to create a graphic for developers, what program should I use
for them to see and create a design of a program (he states that text
plus graphics work best in documenting work that is being done)?  A
programmer friend is asking about this because he wants to work with me
on the CODETO (or whatever it ends up being called) which will help
developers with better designs.  Thanks in advance.

Kevin
begin:vcard
n:Cullis;Kevin
tel;home:720-489-9283
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;8285 S Poplar Way #202;Englewood;CO;80112;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:kevincu@orci.com
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Kevin Cullis