hooking...

Hi,

I have two questions about hooking harddisk I/O and need anybody's help.
I'm developing a linux filter driver for a harddisk to protect it. By
modifying sys_read and sys_write fields in the sys_call_table, I've
managed to hook these functions. Compilation was successful, but the
"insmod xxx" command generates "unresolved symbol <yyy function>"
errors. So I copy & pasted all those yyy functions from the kernel
source files, but no advance. My questions are...

1) Is there anything I missed? How can I get rid of these error
messages?
2) Is there better or another way of hooking all the I/O requests to the
harddisk, such as a filter driver method for NT or VSD for 9x?

Thanks in advance.

from whpark@jungsoft.com