Re: Style Guide (was Re: I'm a sucker)

Hi there!

> Don't forget that the most important point of the LDP is to get
> documentation.  Any hurdles placed in the way will lead to less
> documentation.

I agree, but some people may actually want some guidelines on how or
what they should write. It also helps the volunteers who change the
document into the final form...

> It's one thing to have a Style Guide and another to
> have a Howto Howto with a style section that starts with something
> like "If you're worrying about your writing style, we suggest
> following these guidelines: ...".  Remember - the authors are
> volunteers contributing documentation.  The LDP should make doing that
> as easy as possible.

That's essentially what I was saying. It does help to remind people that
they are writing for an International audience and other such salient
things...

DL

[1]
To argue in hyperbole, if we are really worried about putting hurdles in
the way, then the HOWTO-HOWTO or Authoring Guide really shouldn't exist
at all...it should say submit documentation to: <email address> in
whatever format you want.

--
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale