Re: Subject too specific for mini-HOWTO?

Hello,

Well, the subject of your mini-HOWTO is indeed very specific, but i think
it is _not_ very uncommon. So there will be more people who will find this
doc useful. For me that is enough to reason to justify it's existence as a
mini HOWTO.

Just my 2 cents,

rolek

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, caseyhb@teleport.com wrote:
> Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 07:01:22 +0200
> To: ldp-discuss@lists.linuxdoc.org
> From: caseyhb@teleport.com
> Subject: Subject too specific for mini-HOWTO?
>

> I'm considering writing a document that describes how to configure the
> following:
>
> A caching DNS server using BIND 8 . . .
>
> .. . . that is connected via Ethernet to .  . .
>
> .. . . a firewall running diald and pppd . . .
>
> .. . . that itself connects (on demand) to an ISP.
>
> Would a document on this topic be so specific to my situation that it
> would
> not warrant publishing? Also, much of the information presented would be
> collected from existing HOWTOs (DNS, PPP, Firewall, Diald, etc), and
> therefore, possibly redundant.
>
> Thanks for your time,
>
> Casey
>
> caseyhb@teleport.com
>

> --
Linvision BV                  tel: 015-2600433
Delftechpark 26               fax: 015-2600405
2628 XH Delft                 r.vanmeer@linvision.com
The Netherlands               www.linvision.com