Re: XML position/status?

>>>>> "rposton" == rposton  <rposton@us.ibm.com> writes:

    rposton> Can someone please explain what the LDPs current
    rposton> status/plans are for XML use?  Is the LDP definitely
    rposton> going to XML?  If so, what DTD, docbook?  Any "library
    rposton> GUI/search GUI" planned that is XML aware?  If there is
    rposton> any XML activity, can someone point to any documentation?

We're going to XML soon. It will occur with DocBook 4.1 or any other
version before 5.0... We're looking for good, reliable and fast tools
to use at the LDP system. As you might have guessed, we're going to
use DocBook as our DTD.

The GUI, search GUI etc. seems to be MetaFrame, but I can't answer
since I haven't stopped and taken a nice look at it.

Documentation on what? Writing XML documents for LDP? There's none,
since XML isn't supported yet. Writing documents for LDP? Take a look
at the Author Guide. For using DocBook? http://www.docbook.org

See you,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.