Re: Boilerplate License Revision Proposal

On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 12:47:01AM -0600, Richard Stallman wrote:
> The question for the LDP to decide, the question on which I am
> advocating a position, is whether the LDP will accept non-free
> documentation, and put its seal of approval on non-free documentation.

We can let the non-free doc in a different place and provide 2 lists
(free and non free) as an incentive to write free replacements.

> But there are some who wish to participate in the LDP, and if the
> LDP says "From now on we will only accept free documents", that will
> be enough to convince them.

Right, but we could also keep accepting non free docs under some minimal
criteria (opl a- b+) and putting them on lists.

> I think the LDP can contribute a lot more to filling the shortfall
> in free documentation if it adopts this policy.

We will see what we can do ; we are still discussing what should be
done.

Once a consensus will be reached (IMHO really soon now) I will post a
sum up of the suggestions. If we all agree, we will adopt them, else we
will have to vote.

--
Guylhem P. Aznar                               http://www.linuxdoc.org
guylhem \@/ metalab.unc.edu                    http://www.iMedecin.com