Re: Voila! A compromise!

On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 02:32:30PM -0700, Poet/Joshua Drake wrote:

> O.k., but so what. People seem to people o.k. with the idea of just
> separating the documentation by a flag of some sort.
>
> I say the original compromise, stands. We use some form of identification
> that states that the document does not fit in with the FSF definition of
> free and that they should check the copyright for any restrictions.

Sorry but nothing "stands" as yet since we haven't heard from enough
authors and some authors opposed "prohibition of print" licenses but
haven't responded to the "compromise" idea.  Changing our definition
of "free" (to less free than it already is) is a major policy decision
that is to be made only with reasoned, informed consensus and we
certainly don't have this now.  Note that consensus means more than
just majority vote.

			David Lawyer