Re: [Re: [Re: Navigation, ...]

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 02:13:50AM -0700, David Lawyer wrote:
> If you're talking about putting HOWTOs into subdirectories based on
> classification, I'm not so sure this is a good idea.  This is because:
>
> 1. Some HOWTOs fall into more than one category.  Some may not fall
>  into any category ??
> 2. It's slightly easier to search all HOWTOs with grep if they are all in
> the same directory.
> 3. When one wants to read a HOWTO, they have a longer path to type.
> If they've created an alias "how" to get them to the HOWTO directory,
> then they would still need to type the subdirectory name to get to the
> HOWTO they want.  What if they don't remember which subdirectory it's
> in?

I think a structure of symlinks might perhaps be a solution to all those
problems? Lump all the HOWTOs into one directory, with additional directories
containing "link farms"...?

--
"What fun is it being 'cool' if you can't wear a sombrero?" -- Hobbes
  jason@compsoc.man.ac.uk          khendon@compsoc.man.ac.uk