Re: DocBook XML

    David> Personally I can't quite determine what the "hoo-ha" about
    David> XML is. And, for that matter, what is so "complex" about
    David> SGML from a user's perspective...flexibility, in my
    David> opinion, is very important.

XML has veryinteresting issues. And it seems to be the next huge
standard. There are lots of applications that can generate XML
output.

One big advantage of XML is to have a self-contained document. It has
the element's definition, the stylesheets and the document itself. Of
course these three could be separated in three different documents,
but the fact that it can be all together is very very nice for people
doing documents.

I'm starting to study it to implement XML at Conectiva... By now we're
using SGML and DSSSL stylesheets. Due to Jade's DSSSL limitations, I'm
doing some customization on the backend too... With XML I won't need
to do that.

See you,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.