[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Matti Picus <firstname.lastname@example.org>] Re: LPD and DocBook
An unhappy author ...
--- Begin Message ---
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: LPD and DocBook
- From: Matti Picus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:33:37 +0200
- Cc: Gary Lawrence Murphy <email@example.com>
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: maya.linux.ca inbox:8620
I have been trying for the past two days to install the necessary software
to update the Hebrew HOWTO.
I now understand that:
- Docbook 4 is not supported.
- The link to the db154.zip on the tool page is broken since that version
is no longer available on Welsh' website (IMHO).
- The big-howto-template-ld.sgml uses <!doctype linuxdoc system> but from
my reading of the mail archives the use of linuxdoc is now deprecated in
favor of pure docbook. In any case, there is no link anywhere in the
website to a linuxdoc.dtd. I am also not an expert in SGML (I started
learning it for this project) but shouldn't that line be
<!doctype system linuxdoc "linuxdoc.dtd">
Could you update the HOWTO-HOWTO to reflect this?
I think part of my problem is the version stuff in docbook visa vi
sgml-common. Maybe it would help if the HOWTO hardcoded the proper versions
of a known configuration that works, with names of the proper no-arch RPMs.
Here is what the redhat/updates site has to say:
Red Hat Linux 6.2:
So these, at least, should work together. I mistakenly downloaded
Unfortunatley this has yet to get me to a state where I can compile
Another suggestion would be to include EXACTLY how to run jade on a known
file, and allow one to compare the output to see that indeed the
installation is working.
I realize that you are trying to hit a moving target, and that this stuff
changes fast, and appreciate that we are all doing this for free. But it
has taken me too long to understand what I need to do to start working.
--- End Message ---
Gary Lawrence Murphy <email@example.com> TeleDynamics Communications Inc
Business Innovations Through Open Source Systems: http://www.teledyn.com
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."(Pablo Picasso)