Re: GRASS-GIS-HOWTO

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, jdd wrote:
> Le jeu, 15 jun 2000, David Merrill a écrit :
> > FYI, I've contacted the author of the GRASS-GIS HOWTO and we're working out
> > details for me to do DocBook conversion from HTML. It's a mini-HOWTO, so it
> > should be a good first project for me to cut my teeth on. We'll see. :)
>
> as a small note, HOWTO names should be more explanatory. GRASS-GIS means
> nothing for me (may be it shoul though if I needed the HOWTO :-))

>From the GRASS-GIS website, http://www.baylor.edu/~grass/

GRASS GIS (Geographic Resources Analysis Support System) is a Geographical
Information System (GIS) with raster,    topological vector, image processing,
and graphics production functionality that operates in the UNIX environment
through a graphical user interface and shell in X-Windows. It is released
under GNU GPL.

So, yes, if you needed the HOWTO, the name would make perfect sense. :)

--
David C. Merrill, Ph.D.
dcmerrill@mindspring.com