Re: Lots of SPAM on the list

On Jun 16, 12:02am, David Lawyer wrote:
> Subject: Re: Lots of SPAM on the list
> Someone mentioned off-topic "Feedback" we get.  This comes from people
> who click on "Feedback" on our homepage.  If I click on it I'm
> presented with "You are sending a comment to: ldp-discuss ..." with
> "Subject: Feedback".  Then I hit return, write any comment I want to
> (on almost any topic )-: and send it.

Since when does "feedback" mean "consulting help" ?! Can we
no longer trust anyone?!  ;-)

> There is no information shown to me as to what I may write about.
> This is just asking for off-topic posts and that's exactly what we
> get.  Let's present people who want to send feedback with some
> guidelines for such feedback.  We could say for example:
>
> We welcome your comments on the Linux Documentation Project (LDP).
> But remember that we are a volunteer organization with limited
> resources so we can't do everything.  Your feedback will be sent to a
> mailing list that is only for discussion of the LDP issues so please
> don't ask technical questions about Linux.  For more information about
> this mailing list and where to find answers see [link to "Mailing
> lists"].

We might as well link them to the LDP Mailing List Information page,
which is what we had previously (http://www.linuxdoc.org/mailinfo.html).
Recall that I added text such as you mention, plus provided a set
of links for "questions of a general Linux nature".

	Ferg