Re: Tags (searching)

folks,
we've in the midst of redesigning the OMF pages, and we hope you like hte
changes or let us know what you don't like, and still need to dp a little
clean up.
just now the OMF has about 150 entries (thanks to greg freg) but obviously
we want more. still you can see some of the power of metadata for finding
documents.
metadata, abstract and full text searching need not be exclusive, but they
may be if the searcher so desires. our idea is to make the documents
accessible in the ways that linux software is made available and to make
the metadata open, standards-based and share-able. unlike say folks who
poke the documents and metadata into databases (which is not a bad local
solution, but is not good for sharing). check out the manifesto.

                             Paul Jones
   "We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
  pjones@MetaLab.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071