RE: Updates/changes to the HOWTO template.

Bleah, that's messy, huh?  Lots of different things to break

> > HOWTO?  Can we make the stylesheets or some pre-processor
> smart enough to
> > point to the right format of the HOWTO?  The plain text
> HOWTOs should just
> > include the name of that HOWTO, the HTML ones should point
> to the HTML
> > versions, the PDF versions to the PDF versions, etc.
>
> The cleanest solution is to form a sub group of the LDP to create
> and maintain RPM files (The Debian maintainer is already in the LDP).
> This gives us control over the LDP specific structure and also I
> believe this will ensure more distributions package the latest
> documents as opposed to 2 year old ones.

True.  We'd probably want to create 2 spec files, one for FSSSSSSSSTND, and
one for FHS.  Actually, we might be able to get away with just a single spec
file that's relocatable to do the whole thing.  Of couse, all of my other
attempts to do that have failed.  :)

> > > A post-installation script might work in which case a <HOWTO> tag
> > > might come in useful for inter-HOWTO linking.
> > >
> > > The second problem of finding related HOWTOs by hand requires
> > > a single line synopsis and a set of keywords, neither of which
> > > is yet supported by LinuxDoc. I do hope I can persuade someone
> > > to make it.
> >
> > Obviously, I'm not a big fan of Linuxdoc.  I don't think
> that extending it
> > is really worthwhile at this point.  I need to investigate
> that limited
>
> Well, it does work, and the HTML-files are by default sensibly named
> while the DocBook file names look like they went through a shredder.

True, but that's trivially fixed.  Read Godoy's Using DocBook HOWTO, he can
probably even tell you what section it's in.  Later,
	Greg

[snip]