Re: HOWTO-HOWTO recommendations

Greg Ferguson wrote:

> On Jun 7, 12:28pm, Mark Komarinski wrote:
> > Subject: Re: HOWTO-HOWTO recommendations
> > Stein Gjoen wrote:
> > >
> > > Big snips ahead...
> > >
> > > David Merrill wrote:
> > >
> > > [on the template...]
> > >
> > > I hope so but that is up to the author of the H-H. There is a DocBook
> > > version of the Template too so I hope both are referenced.
> >
> > Will this be available via CVS or on the linuxdoc.org site?

I cannot use CVS from here but the Template will always be available
on my home page.

> Right now there are (at least) 3 versions of this template floating
> around. Who does own it (Stein)? Were my changes taken?

I started the process by writing the first one, then someone (two?)
made a DocBook version of it. And yesterday I made a substantial
update to it.

I am not sure what changes you refer to, is it 'md'? That was not
changed. No doubt more updates will come.

> Once it's ready, yes, we need to plunk this into an "authors" area,
> reference it the H-H, and put it into CVS (imo). I can do that,
> whenever it's ready for general consumption.

What about a link?
	http://www.nyx.net/~sgjoen/template.sgml

> > > [snip]
> author-related
> section for
> > >
> > > There is also an "Author/Contribute" box on the LinuxDoc home page
> > > where we could fit in templates (LinuxDoc and DocBook DTD) and
> > > style guides.
> >
> > I'm starting a style guide in the H-H.  Seems to be the logical place
> > to put it.

There is a small note on style in the updated Template, feel free
to lift whatever you need.

> We need to clean up that "Author/Contribute" box a bit. I'd recommend
> you reference the template inside the H-H, only so that they can
> rev independant of one another.

Good idea.

Regards,
   Stein Gjoen