Re: HOWTO-HOWTO recommendations

On Jun 7, 12:28pm, Mark Komarinski wrote:
> Subject: Re: HOWTO-HOWTO recommendations
> Stein Gjoen wrote:
> >
> > Big snips ahead...
> >
> > David Merrill wrote:
> >
> > [on the template...]
> > > It will be referenced from the H-H, right?
> >
> > I hope so but that is up to the author of the H-H. There is a DocBook
> > version of the Template too so I hope both are referenced.
>
> Will this be available via CVS or on the linuxdoc.org site?

Right now there are (at least) 3 versions of this template floating
around. Who does own it (Stein)? Were my changes taken?

Once it's ready, yes, we need to plunk this into an "authors" area,
reference it the H-H, and put it into CVS (imo). I can do that,
whenever it's ready for general consumption.

> > [snip]
> > > IMHO, it should be referenced in the H-H. In fact, each of the
author-related
> > > HOWTOs should probably contain a list of all the others -- in the
section for
> > > "Further Reading".
> >
> > There is also an "Author/Contribute" box on the LinuxDoc home page
> > where we could fit in templates (LinuxDoc and DocBook DTD) and
> > style guides.
>
> I'm starting a style guide in the H-H.  Seems to be the logical place
> to put it.

We need to clean up that "Author/Contribute" box a bit. I'd recommend
you reference the template inside the H-H, only so that they can
rev independant of one another.

r,

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com