Re: search capability (was: Re: [OT] OpenSource Documentation Fund)

On May 28,  3:10pm, der.hans wrote:
> Subject: Re: [OT] OpenSource Documentation Fund
> On Sat, 27 May 2000, John wrote:
> BTW, just for the record, I'd like to be able to specify what area to
> search in, e.g. HOWTOs, guides, FAQs, man pages or Linux Gazette.
> Actually I think HOWTOs and guides should be lumped together for now.
> I'm looking for distinctly different info in the HOWTOs and FAQs for
> instance. Currently searches at the LDP seem to return tons of stuff
> from the Linux Gazette that hides what I'm looking for in the other
> areas. Especially for the LG it would be nice to be able to give a
> date range for the docs.

try the new permutation. It's better, but not 100% what I'd like to
provide - http://www.linuxdoc.org/search.html
(toggle the "look in:" option menu to delimit)

--

I'd really like to see a category-style search/browse capability
put together (a la Yahoo), but we  need to have documents

Paul will the OMF search mechanism (when ready) give us that
capability?

	Ferg

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com