[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: experimental release of linuxdoc-tools (based on sgml-tools 1.0.9)
- To: "Greg Ferguson" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: experimental release of linuxdoc-tools (based on sgml-tools 1.0.9)
- From: Adam Di Carlo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 17 May 2000 10:43:27 -0400
- Cc: Taketoshi Sano <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, JF@linux.or.jp
- In-reply-to: "Greg Ferguson"'s message of "Wed, 17 May 2000 09:27:48 -0400"
- References: <20000517092453B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20000517191121G.firstname.lastname@example.org> <10005170927.ZM16276@hoop.timonium.sgi.com>
- Resent-date: Wed, 17 May 2000 10:44:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-from: email@example.com
- Resent-message-id: <AU42ID.A.9sD.fArI5@murphy>
- Resent-sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-agent: Gnus/5.0803 (Gnus v5.8.3) Emacs/20.5
"Greg Ferguson" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I'd like to see if we can get linuxdoc support into the v2
> sgml-tools packages. We'd need to provide the DTD and a
> set of DSSSL stylesheets along with perhaps a couple of
> catalog files.
Um, I don't think linuxdoc *has* a DTD or DSSSL files.
OTOH, SGMLtools Lite or whatever *could* support sgmltools v1 or
linuxdoc tools or whatever it is called. Supposing that software is
already installed, all it would have to do is provide the capability
to wrap around the linuxdoc scripts with it's own 'sgmltools' wrapper.
If anyone wants to do this, apply as a developer at sourceforge.
> Do you think we should go that route? That way we have 1
> toolset (jade/openjade), with support for both DTDs (DocBook
> and Linuxdoc).
I approve of one tool which is extensible -- it's name is sgmltools
lite, now a days. I object to the idea of merging the linuxdoc
perl/ASP or whatever it is back into the sgmltools lite package.
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onShore.com.....<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org