SGML question

Suppose I have the following entity:

<!ENTITY chapter1 SYSTEM "textblock.sgml">

Chapter 1 of the book calls this file with a &textblock;
Chapter 2 also uses this block but that block needs to be modified a bit
(it's the installation of the same program, but a different procedure
for a different platform. It has an extra paragraph or two).

To avoid copy/pasting it literally I want to use &textblock; in both
files (chapter1.sgml and chapter2.sgml) but when it's called in
chapter2.sgml it should have an extra paragraph. Can I mark a section in
the textblock.sgml file which is only displayed when the calling file is
chapter2.sgml or when called with an extra parameter or something like
that?

If not, then I just have to split up textblock.sgml in two files
textblock1.sgml and textblock2.sgml. In chapter1 I include the files
with:
&textblock1;
&textblock2;

and in chapter2.sgml
&textblock1;
<para>Here a few extra lines</para>
&textblock2;

The latter option isn't too bad to do, but I'd prefer to enable a
section.

Anybody got some suggestions how to proceed? thanks in advance.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org