Re: Linux International General Developer's Fund: Request

Joshua Drake wrote:
>It is also important to note that we are NOT a:

>>The LDP is IRS 501 C 3, non profit, and has been writing free documentation for

Unless Mr. Drake is a lawyer licensed to practice in the US, it's probably better to
get a legal opinion on this. The IRS has a nasty habit of putting you in a pigeon hole
whether you will or no, and the e-mail opinion of Mr. Drake notwithstanding, the
operative determinator may be what the donators call
LDP. If they're writing off donations as gifts to a tax-exempt educational
organization, that could change retroactively.

Gary