Re: SGML, or Texinfo ?

On Wed, 3 May 2000, Feloy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm reading this long SGML thread, and I can understand that SGML can be
> hard to learn (and I know the power of SGML).
>
> I some months ago wrote a patch for makeinfo which permits you to
> convert texinfo documentation to DocBook. You'll say what ! Yet another
> document format ! Yes, but texinfo is more intuitive and less tagged
> than SGML, and this way you can get SGML *FROM* another format.

This is cool. I don't think it's the path we want to encourage, but every
mature tool we have that allows us to have better content should be
welcome.

> The patch is not yet included into the texinfo relaese, but I hope it
> will be soon, and will be helpful to the LDP.

Please let us know when it's in the main tree. I know of a couple people
who should be interested in this.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.OpNIX.com
# Knowledge is useless unless it's shared. - der.hans