Re: HTML HOWTOs and Re: CD edition

On Apr 30, 11:03pm, David Lawyer wrote:
> Subject: HTML HOWTOs and Re: CD edition
>
> What I think needs doing is generating single file html howtos.  These
> would replace the existing tarred and gziped HTML files available for
> downloading.  The HOWTOs for reading online would remain spilt to save
> bandwidth for people who only read a small part of the HOWTO online.

These are now done/complete/ready-for-access. I've provided links
on the LDP documents page: http://www.linuxdoc.org/docs.html#howto

You can get to them from here:

http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/

   or for the mini-HOWTOs here:

http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/other-formats/html_single/

Note that a gzipped tar file is also created which is a package
of all the single-file HTML docs.

The question is "should the files themselves and/or the tar
packages be mirrored...."?

regards,

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com