Re: If SGML is so great...

    G> SGML is not the assembly language of documentation, it's more
    G> like the C of documentation.  To follow your example, plain
    G> text was the machine language of documentation, followed by
    G> HTML being the assembly language.

No, proprietary formats like WPD are the machine language, and the
assembly language of documentation is WP "show codes" and I defy
anyone who writes seriously for a living to stand up and proclaim they
use WP or MsWord without _ever_ having to "show codes" --- if you
can read that split screen, SGML is a breeze.

DocBook is even better.  If SGML is C/C++, DocBook is the GTK/QtLib.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@linux.ca>: office voice/fax: 01 519 4222723
TCI - Business Innovations through Open Source : http://www.teledyn.com