Re: Something I would like to see

On Wed, 3 May 2000, Joshua Drake wrote:

> Surely you mean "Why editors like 'joe' exist :)"
>
> Warren Chartier wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 1 May 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> >
> > > What's wrong with emacs?  I don't touch the command line for any of my
> > > editing and validation stuff.  Anybody running with a major distribution
> > > should be able to get emacs, and the setup for psgmls is relatively trivial.
> >
> > Emacs is one hideous beast of an editor, it defines exactly why editors
> > such as "pico" exist.  Emacs may be powerful, but its a dreadful editor to
> > learn and use for people who just want to write a howto, and nothing
> > else.  This is the year 2000, emacs should be a helluva lot more "user
> > friendly" by now, but it isn't.

Well, er, something like that, heh.

Warren Chartier
GTKali, a graphical Kali client for Linux - http://gtkali.sourceforge.net
Minister of the Mobile Mechanized Infantry - http://www.juga.com
Fight Spam - Join CAUSE!  http://www.cause.org

---- BEGIN ECHELON BLOCK ----
SCUD missile Ortega AK-47 Uzi $400 million in gold bullion Rule Psix Nazi
militia Project Monarch counter-intelligence JFK cypherpunk Kibo Ron Brown
clones bomb special-ops terrorism WACO nuclear missile MI5
----- END ECHELON BLOCK -----