Re: Feedback

On Apr 14,  1:47pm, Ross Boylan wrote:
> Subject: Feedback
> It seems all your how-to's in ps use A4 format.
>
> Furthermore, psnup (at least the one I used) was completely unable to
change
> their shape.
>
> 1) Is my supposition that all is A4 correct?
>
> 2) At a minimum, it would be good to document that fact.
>
> 3) It would be even better to produce postscript which the pstools could
> manipulate enough to resize.
>
> 4) It would be best of all to produce ps in A4 and letter format.

Ross-

I haven't taken a good luck at the postscript, but according
to the script we use to create the HOWTOs, the size is
forced to be "letter". Maybe it's not working, but here's
the command (we use htmldoc to produce pdf/postscript from
the generated HTML):

    htmldoc --size letter -t ps -f <fname>.ps <fname>.html

>From the htmldoc man page:

    --size size

    The --size option specifies the page size. The size parameter can
    be one of the following standard sizes:

       Letter    8.5x11in (216x279mm)
       A4        8.27x11.69in (210x297mm)
       Universal 8.27x11in (210x279mm)

Maybe htmldoc is case-sensitive on the option itself (Letter v letter).

regards,

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com
SGI Tech Pubs     - http://techpubs.sgi.com  |