Re: HAM-HOWTO

[Regarding people looking in vain for a HOWTO that no longer exists]

> > such movements
> > were moved or merged

[snip re misinterpretation of above]

On Sun, Mar 12, 2000 at 10:58:55AM -0800, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> Seems pretty clear to me.  I agree with you, but I don't have any specific
> implementation ideas.  Perhaps I'll be struck with brilliance later, since I
> do have a message here from Serek, our CVS guy.  I'm hoping that we can use
> CVS to make our lives quite a bit easier, long term.
> 	Greg

Suppose that if a HOWTO ceases to really exist at LDP (or becomes
unmaintained), a null HOWT0 is created to "replace" it.  For example
Foo-HOWT0 will be a file which contains an explanation of what
happened to Foo-HOWTO.  There would be Foo-HOWT0.sgml and all the
other formats.  The HOWTO-INDEX would call it a null HOWT0 (or a
better term).  A problem might be that someone will report "HOWT0" as
a typo.  Another way would be to name them HOWTO~ but I think HOWT0 is
better since it's not really a HOWTO.  After several years a null HOWT0
could be moved to an archive.

-- 			David Lawyer