Re: Feedback

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Murray Gibbins wrote:

> Broken link at
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Apache+SSL+PHP+fp-2.html#ss2.3
>
> Your link to
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/squid.nlanr.net produces
> an
>
> Not Found
>
> The requested URL /HOWTO/mini/squid.nlanr.net was not found on this
> server.
>
> Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use
> an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
>
> Apache/1.3.4 Server at www.linuxdoc.org Port 80

Seems like an ancient problem. Some people think that squid.nlanr.net does
constitute a valid URL. But it aint. The valid URL should have been:

	http://squid.nlanr.net/

People tend to forget the PATH at the end just as easy as the protocol
header.

Something proofreaders should take notice of.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/