Re: sgmltools & docbook

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 11:03:23AM -0500, Greg Ferguson wrote:
> On Feb 9,  5:03pm, Greg O'Keefe wrote:
> > Subject: Re: sgmltools & docbook
> > On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 09:32:05AM +0000, Terry Dawson wrote:
> > Also, surely it would be possible to write a LinuxDOC2DocBook
> > converter. I suspect that if I could see my work converted to
> > DocBook, I'd soon work out what is what and be able to maintain it.
>
> Has anyone ever worked with the 'bcc' tool?
>
> 	http://www.multimania.com/jcalles/XML/
>
> 	BCC, a Scheme library for SGML made by Sylvain BROSSET,
> 	Jeremy CALLES & David CANONICO
>
> It claims to provide the functionality for DTD translations
> (linuxdoc->docbook and vice-versa).
>
> Anyway, I'm going to see if I can build the package on metalab
> and try it out against some of the linuxdoc-based HOWTOs, if
> appropriate.
>
> Comments/suggestions?

I've tried some other tools (and there's even a DTD for converting
from LinuxDoc to DocBook) but 'till now none had a satisfying
result. They always got lost somewhere (tables mainly).

--
Godoy.	<godoy@conectiva.com.br>               GPG Fingerprint
                                         851B B620 626D 2AD0 E783

Except where explicitly stated I speak on my own behalf.
Exceto onde explicitado as declarações aqui feitas são apenas minhas.