Re: DNS and Website

for what it's worth the secondary at unc was responding well on
campus, but it appeared that it was not seen as a secondary on the
outside. is the unc secondary defined at nsi? whois says not!
"Domain servers in listed order:

                        NS.DSINW.COM                 207.149.40.5
                        NS.EZWEBHOST.COM             207.149.40.6"

if you don't register the secondaries properly, they will not be accessed.
it would be good if you (joshua as you are the contact) would register the
secondaries now. then we could avoid problems like we saw today.
implementing thousand secondaries will not help unless they are
registered.

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, Joshua Drake wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Had a DNS burp today. I would like to implement 3-5 secondaries outside
> of Metalab... anybody up for it?
>
> Joshua Drake
>
> P.S. Slight website modifications on main page... removed top graphics,
> moved documentation links to absolute first thing on left side...
> removed 4th column and placed it under the first... Take a look...
> It is a little simpler and less cluttered now... but there is some way
> to go..
>
> Also -- ANYONE whois is using LYNX.... try w3m instead (just found this
> little gem... it rocks IMHO)
>

> --
> <COMPANY>CommandPrompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com </COMPANY>
> <PROJECT>LinuxPorts     - http://www.linuxports.com      </PROJECT>
> <WEBMASTER>LDP          - http://www.linuxdoc.org        </WEBMASTER>
>

> --

                             Paul Jones
   "We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
  pjones@MetaLab.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071