Re: site update

Guylhem Aznar wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 12:33:35PM +0100, Stein Gjoen wrote:
> > In a related note we should perhaps think of a page with
> > links to auxiliary documents manintained outside the LDP,
> > which may be the best place to add the links to FAQs etc.
> > But first we need to see if people agree to this.
>
> What about "pulling" them instead (i.e. downloading the source and
> processing it?)

I have seen various copyrights on some FAQs that I woldn't
be sure would be distributable over the LDP site. We would
have to check each and every one of the FAQs first. I feel
many would be worth bundling with the HOWTOs on Linux
installations but the legal problems would have to be looked
into first.

> We could index the docs in the search engine.

Have a look at http://www.faqs.org/
which seems to be the current site of preference,
while the old at Ohio State was down last time I checked.

Regards,
   Stein Gjoen