mailing list archives

Currently the mailing list archives we have stored on the web site
consume 48M of disk space (and growing). We've had a couple inquiries
from the mirror site owners about possibly excluding these archives
from the mirror process (doing so at this time would break a couple
references from the mailinfo.html page).

   - Are the archives necessary on the mirror sites, or should they
     simply be referenced from the "master" site (www.linuxdoc.org)?
     Yes, it would be slower; but I'm trying to get a read on how
     much they are actually used.

   - Should we clean-up the archives we have; perhaps create an archive
     of the current archives(?!), which in turn would not be mirrored?

Any thoughts/comments?

regards,

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com