Re: fyi: site updates

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 08:30:22PM -0800, Tom Fawcett wrote:
> For the past year or so I've had the mounting feeling that the LDP
> organization really does nothing for me as a HOWTO author, and little for
> the Linux community in general.  I'll be glad to elaborate if anyone wants
> to hear why I feel this way.  In fact, the LDP seems to be more a source of
> frustration than of enablement.

I think I'm not the only one who would like to hear your feedback.

> So I was not in the best frame of mind to see Greg's "volunteers" page with
> the LDP organizers prominently displayed, and the actual authors tacked on
> the end in a "cast of thousands" list.  I'm sure Greg didn't think it would
> strike people this way.  It wouldn't have touched a nerve if I thought the
> LDP added some value to documentation effort.

No solution is perfect.
We could add our emails in -3 font in the upper right corner of the
index page, but ppl would still complain about it.

The difficulty is finding an acceptable compromise between the pro
(being easilly mailed) and the cons (hard critics)

--
Guylhem Aznar, Linux Documentation Project: http://www.linuxdoc.org
------>>> Attention, my new email is guylhem \@/ metalab.unc.edu