Re: Russian LDP variant

On Jan 12,  1:36pm, Vladimir Lazarenko wrote:
> Subject: Russian LDP variant
> Hi!
>
> We would like to start a LDP Russian variant.  How can we sumbit the
> translated parts, and which parts are the most important for
> translation?
>
> Looking forward of hearing from  you.

Vladimir -

The translation efforts that exist concentrate primarily on
the HOWTO's. However, there are a couple groups that have
done translations of the various Guides (Italian, Spanish).

Ideally, we (the LDP) would like to have access to any content
you translate from a publicly-accessible ftp server.  We, in
turn, will automatically mirror your site and place it on
our master server at metalab.unc.edu so that others can benefit
from the work you have done.

To examine a typical directory we like to mirror from, take
a look at the layout of ftp://ftp.traduc.org/pub/HOWTO/FR/

The list of translation sites/owners can be found at
http://www.linuxdoc.org/vlist.html

If you want, once your site is active, we can also add you
to our "Non English" links page found at:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/links/nenglish.html

Look these items over, let us know what you decide.

thanks,

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com
SGI Tech Pubs     - http://techpubs.sgi.com  | 410-785-2334