Re: HOWTO vs mini-HOWTO [was: Linux Doc Infrastructure]

Guylhem Aznar wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 06:56:28PM +0100, Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
> > I propose that the distinction between HOWTOs and mini-HOWTOs should be
> > abolished, because a grouping based on the sizes of the documents it is a
> > very arbitrary and non-intuitive distinction. In fact, some mini-HOWTOs
> > are longer than some HOWTOs. Approximately 2/3 of the mini-HOWTOs are
> > longer than the shortest HOWTOs!
>
> Aboloshing the distrinction is a good idea, but it would confuse people.
>
> mini HOWTOs are "mini" since they focus on a specific topic

There are two ways of looking at this, the first is to say let's just
get rid of the mini-HOWTOs and integrate them with the rest of the
documents.  The other option (it seems to me) is to make the distinction
clearer.  This would require that authors guide, with a set of criteria
for each type of document.  The mini-HOWTOs aren't always specific as
they stand right now.  Enough ranting from me, it's before 7 AM and I'm
not capable of writing english this early,
	Greg