Re: alternative sgmltools?

    H> On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Mark Komarinski wrote:
    >> Is there a reason for this?  Having one tool that supports both
    >> LD and DB will be quite helpful.

    H> sgml-tools (v1) was declared obsolete about 18 months ago in
    H> favor of sgmltools (v2) by the maintainers (see
    H> http://www.sgmltools.org/). The tools can work beside one
    H> another if you need both. But I don't write in linuxdoc as it
    H> is much too limited for any serious documentation.

Anyone who uses DocBook for any serious documenting will become a convert.
I thought I was a dyed-in-the-wool YaTeX-mode LaTeX devotee and was
double sure of that when I first encountered the DocBook learning-cliff,
but now that I have 'mastered' the half-dozen keystroke commands I need
for basic operation, I may never go back to LaTeX.

That said, it is going to take some time to translate all the legacy LDP
documents to DocBook, and until that time, any updates to those documents
will need to be LinuxDoc (unless we use the opportunity of updates to
translate them).

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@linux.ca>: office voice/fax: 01 519 4222723
TCI - Business Innovations through Open Source : http://www.teledyn.com