Re: Couple of questions/requests

on the archives, i see the broken cron problem and we (donald actually)
will take a swing at it in the morning. the good news is that the archive
is working fine except for the daily cron bogusity which is evil in the
extreme. hey how come no one complained til now!?! looks like the cron has
been crazy for quite a while.

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Tim wrote:

> hello......
>
> Could all the email links on the LDP Web pages be changed so that they
> have the subject for subscribing already in them?
>
> Example:
> <A href="mailto:ldp-discuss@lists.linuxdoc.org?Subject=Subscribe";>
>
> It certainly would make things easier on those subscribing and may cut
> down a little on the email the lists get with "Subscribe" in the body of
> them.  I don't mind changing the links, but I didn't want to step on any
> toes as the web pages are not my doing.
>
> Also, what's up with the email archives and "cron".  I couldn't remember
> why I never viewed them, and when I went to them I soon remembered.  Could
> we please do something about that?  I highly doubt anyone is willing to
> use them in their current state.
>
> I've used/use WebMailFolder (wmf) and it works wonderfully and I've always
> been happy with it.  See http://wallybox.cei.net/dipc/ml-archive/
> I would be happy to set this (or anything else) up if needed.
>

> It can be found at:
>
> http://www.lugs.ch/LUGS_Members/norbert.kuemin/wmf.html
>
> I'm sure there are *plenty* of other options....this is only one of them.
>

> -tim
>

> --

                             Paul Jones
   "We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
  pjones@MetaLab.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071