Re: DocBook assistance

Guylhem Aznar wrote:

> We need a docbook "expert" willing to lead the effort.

I respectfully suggest that person contact Nik Clayton with a view
towards establishing a "uniform" extended DTD and customized Stylesheets
that may be used by the LDP and FreeBSD documentation project.

Nik is _very_ knowledgeable and has said :

"The FreeBSD Documentation Project has extended the DocBook DTD by
adding some new elements. These elements serve to make some of the
markup more precise.

Where a FreeBSD specific element is listed below it is clearly marked.

Throughout the rest of this document, the term ``DocBook'' is used to
mean the FreeBSD extended DocBook DTD.

    Note: There is nothing about these extensions that is FreeBSD
specific, it was just felt that they were useful enhancements for this
particular project. Should anyone from any of the other *nix camps
(NetBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, ...) be interested in collaborating on a
standard DocBook extension set, please get in touch with Nik Clayton
<nik@FreeBSD.org>.  "

( Source :

http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/docproj-primer/x1261.html#AEN1277)

Cheers,