how to insert an url

Hi,

I want to insert an url in a HOWTO. Should I use the SGML tab <url> or
the <htmlurl> tag?

I noticed the <htmlurl> tag has a better result when you convert the
sgml to txt.

Using the <url> tag output in txt looks like:
you can download this at http://bla.com/ <http://bla.com/>

Using the <htmlurl> tag output in txt looks like:
you can download this at http://bla.com/

Do you have a rule which tag to use or can I decide which one I want to
use (i'd choose for the <htmlurl> one). I have no idea how things will
look like in other formats other than txt and html since I don't use
those other formats myself and therefore I don't have software to
preview such files.

--
Gerard Beekmans