Re: working SGML package

Greg Ferguson wrote:
[snip]

> I'd be interested in hearing what you (that's a collective "you";
> any and all involved) would like to have in an ideal toolset.

I would very much like better plain text output support. I hear that
this low tech output is even less supported in newer systems than in
the existing Linuxdoc systems and that I find disturbing (hopefully
something has been done to fix this).

As a bonus I'd like support for inserting ^L (form feed) into the
ascii so that I can be resonably sure that large tables will not
be interrupted by page breaks. Perhaps this could be the equivalent
of a horizontal rule in HTML.

A more pressing problem is the sad fact that titles containing
markup such as <tt/ext2fs/ damages the table of contents. This
can be seen at
	http://www.nyx.net/~sgjoen/disk.txt
(scroll down across the exessive blank lines first to get to)
headings such as
---
     5.1 General Purpose File Systems
        5.1.1 (TT
        5.1.2 (TT
        5.1.3 (TT
---

This is not good enough for users of plain text and this bug has
existed for a long time now. Let us not forget that not everyone
on this planet has dual head quad hexium pro 1200 MHz machines.

Regards,
   Stein Gjoen