Re: free vs. non-free debate

Guylhem Aznar wrote:

> We will refuse documentation covering non-free software.

I find this view rather short sighted.  I thought our being here as the LDP
is to document Linux and provide information to people to let them use it.

I don't think it's in our "charter" to dictate to people what they should use.
We should provide a higher emphasis on free software, but denying documentation
about non-free software is shooting the Linux community in the foot.

Sometimes, non-free software is the answer that is required.  It's not a failing
of the free software community, it's just the way it is.  MySQL isn't Oracle,
Koffice isn't StarOffice, and there isn't a bit of free software out there
that's Remedy.

-Mark